Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Atiku Launches Competition To Generate Ideas for Policies

Atiku Invites Nigerians to Interrogate His Policy Document

Atiku Launches Competition To Generate Ideas for Policies

The Presidential aspirant of the People’s Democratic Party(), Alhaji has on Sunday December, 2 launched a national competition to get ideas for policies.

The former vice president made this known via a Facebook video, giving Nigerians, youths in particular, an opportunity to interrogate his policy document.

Atiku, who had previously stated that his government will include the youths and provide employment for them, initiated this competition in order to hear from the youths.

A statement from the Atiku Presidential Campaign revealed that the competition: ‘Voice of the People Competition’, will start on Sunday and end on December 24.

The statement made a referral to Atiku’s November declaration: “I want these policies to be our policies – yours and mine. I want to hear your ideas to get Nigeria working again. So, I will give the opportunity to anyone in Nigeria to have their say on national television.”

“The first time in the world that a presidential candidate will be calling for a national debate on his/her policy action plan. This is the world’s first!” the campaign group said.

In the contest, six Nigerians will be given a one-minute slot on national television to say what they think needed to be done to help get Nigeria working again.

Entries for the the national competition would be reviewed by a panel led by Senator Ben Murray-Bruce, from which one winner from each geo-political zone would be selected.

According to the statement, the criterion for the winners would be the number of engagements their entry generates.

Contributors in the competition must also be Nigerians and agree to terms and conditions that their entry video could be used in any manner by the PDP Campaign Organisation in all media.

“Contributors are to state their names and location and one winner will be announced from each of all the six geo-political zones of Nigeria who will have the opportunity to have their recording played in a national telecast between January 1 to 6, 2019,” the statement said.

“Any Nigeria can enter the competition by simply recording a one-minute video and posting it on their respective Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account by December 24. Competitors are requested to add to their post the hashtag, and the state where they reside. Interested individuals can post a video selfie or any other form of video – the only limit is your imagination.”

“Other terms and conditions include: accepting the verdict of the judges to determine the winning videos; not paying for votes or boost entry via any unfair avenues; accepting that their photograph and image may be used for all promotional materials during and after the competition has ended; agreeing that entries must conform to the submission dates as prescribed by the promoters of the competition; accepting that all information  provided is accurate and correct and any false information will lead to the disqualification of such entry; acceptance to travel to any location as may be required by the promoters of the competition in promoting the winners.  The cost of travel will be provided by the promoters of the competition.

“The judging criteria will be based on the following: the originality of the idea to help Get Nigeria Working Again and how feasible it would be to implement; the clarity of how the idea is communicated; the creativity of the video and the number of engagements in social media the video has generated,” the statement read.

 

 

Loading...

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.